PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New Here - Albino Corn Hatchling Owner

Hi, New Here - Albino Corn Hatchling Owner

Lavagirl
01-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Got an albino corn hatchling several days ago. While it has been hard, I have left her alone to acclimate to her new home. She's in a 10 gallon aquarium with aspen bedding and hide boxes in the "warm" area, in the middle and in the "cool" area. I fed her a pinkie mouse about four days ago. She did not eat it until I turned on the nighttime light and it was dark in the room. Last night I found a nice surprise - she had shed. I could see all of the scales and her eye coverings - very cool. I bought the book by the Loves and while it good, I could not find how often a baby corn should shed, when I can move from feeding one pinkie mouse to two, etc. So I will checking out this forum for that type of information. It's been really interesting researching these animals and then finally getting one. I've already had two people tell me they will never step foot into my house again though. Please don't worry - I'm not one of those people who would get the snake out and show people who have little or no interest in it. I'm not into stressing out a poor animal like that. :) It's nice to know that there are people here who I can learn from and share stories with.

mbdorfer
01-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you're off to a good start. If you feed your hatchling weekly, you can expect him to shed monthly. After a while the sheds will get more spaced out. :cheers: