PDA

View Full Version : Has not defecated yet

Has not defecated yet

CopperCornsnake
01-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Sorry for a non-corn related post, but I figure this may apply to them too.

I have a ball python that I fed about two weeks ago a somewhat large meal, and had decided to wait a week to let him empty out. I havn't seen any waste, and I read somewhere on here that someone soaked their corn that had a similar problem, and worked. Can't seem to find the post though. Advice?

2i2_D3gr33s
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
You're sure you didn't miss it? I use repti-bark substrate, and it blends in nicely unless there is plenty of "white stuff" in it. I wouldn't worry unless you start seeing a problem. It seems like the people who are always looking for something wrong find it....even if it's only in their head.

MegF.
01-03-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't know if ball pythons are similar in digestive time as Green tree pythons, but on average my python (green tree) defecates about every 3 weeks. This is normal for them. The baby goes more often (about once a week) but the older they get, the longer between poops. I usually have to threaten to not feed her, or even skip every 3rd feeding until she goes as she gets pretty full in back.

PtDnsr
01-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I swear my ball pythons hold it in until they have absolutely no room left. Never have any problems going (one likes to go on me actually) but when they do it's a nice big pile. I'll feed my adult male once every 2-3 weeks right now (a large meal that is) and he'll poo probably once every 3-4 weeks. I don't worry because one day I'll walk in the room and know I have to clean his cage. I don't think soaking would hurt but I wouldn't worry too much. They can hold much more in than corns IMO.

~Katie