• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Howdy!

kimbyra

cornsnake addict
Howdy All!
This looks like a great forum. I have been a garter snake owner since October, but while surfing for snake info, I fell in love with Corns! After a lot of research, and setting up a proper tank, I bought my first corn snake (from JEM) this week. He should be shipped out Monday and boy I can't wait! Another corn beat him into my house first however. I went to a locally owned store to trade fish, and low and behold there was a very small tank with writing on it that read both boa constrictor and albino corn. I saw the boa, but not the corn, so I thought maybe they hadn't rubbed off the china-marker writing yet... but I asked if there was a corn snake in there anyway. The sales girl said, "Yeah, it likes to hide under the water dish". :eek1: Well, I had to buy the little guy/gal (how can you tell the difference?), and I spent too much for him. ($49.99, they were $29.99 and $39.99 elsewhere locally.) I'm very glad I bought the poor thing. He's very young, and he seems friendly and happy to be in his new tank. The sales girl said they feed him live mice, but I insisted on buying frozen. I hope the transition will not be a problem. Ugh. I can't believe they had them both together, and in what looked like a 5 gallon tank. He has a very white base color with bright orange saddles, any suggestions on a name?

Hi again!

Hi Again,
I think my little rescue may be a girl, which makes me really happy. I've decided to call her Sassafras. What do y'all think?

Sassafras is good, but keep a boy's name in mind just in case. Well I'm glad you got her out of that pet store. Good luck; also with the other one coming soon. And don't forget to show some photos :)

undefined
Hi! I've gotten a good look at Spice now, (I settled on Spice instead of Sassafras), and her tail is extra short and very tapered. Although its not 100% of course, she looks like a girl. The name Spice can go either way just in case she isn't. She is very calm and has been adjusting well to her new environment. I can't believe how easy going corns are compared to garter snakes. My daughter's garter Zoomer is sweet but very active. Corns are great snakes! :)

Back