PDA

View Full Version : Green Eyes

Green Eyes

erin.r
01-08-2006, 03:12 PM
I am the proud new owner of a year old cornsnake. I have had it for about a week and everything has been fine. I'm only ten but i know alot about them. She was a christmas present and i have called her Diamond.
When i went to take it out of it's tank today i noticed that it's eyes had turned a green colour. This is a charcoal corn with normally black eyes! Any advice? It has just fed well and likes to spend alot of time burrowing!

Lennycorn
01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
I haven't heard of greenish color, blueish not green . Could it be going into a shed cycle. Keep an eye on it for the next few day to see if the skin color goes dull then it going to shed soon.

erin.r
01-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Thats interesting as we have noticed its head getting paler. Would that have an effect on its sleeping habits?

losmetros
01-08-2006, 04:13 PM
no if it's head is paler it is about to shed. The eyes will most likely begin to turn blue.

Gintha
01-10-2006, 02:37 PM
When they start their shed cycle they do tend to "sleep" more. They aren't necessarily asleep, but simply hiding as their vision is impaired slightly by the "bluing" of their eyes. They like to be left alone and can become a little more cranky when they are about to shed.

erin.r
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Thankyou for all the advice, she shed successfully.Her eyes had turned back to jet black.