PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, here.

Newbie, here.

Sfveda
01-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new, obviously. My name's Liz. ^^ I'm new to reptiles in general, and I don't have a snake yet but I really want one. I thought I'd register and get myself super-educated before I started looking for a new friend...

Lennycorn
01-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Sfved
Don't know if we have anyone from Alaska or not.
If you want some information check out the sticky at the top of the husbandry and basic care forum to start you off. Them check out the archive all the way down on the bottom. Kathy Love new book is a must too. I'll have to find the link for that.

Do you have any place local to buy a corn snake. Were you thinking of a hatchling (baby) or something older. You will need Viv (tank or large plastic container) to house in. A place to buy food local pet store or on line. And permission from the PARENTS ooh.
Well good luck on you search of information.

Joejr14
01-10-2006, 12:31 AM
You can purchase Kathy's book from her website, www.cornutopia.com

Sfveda
01-10-2006, 02:16 AM
Lenny- Yes, there are places to buy snakes locally. Not breeders, unfortunately, but Petco. They seem to have their cornies in good condition, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm probably going to get a hatchling. And yeah, I know about the viv and pinkies and such.. I've been reading for days, haha! Thanks for the info though. :)

Joe- Once I get my paypal all set up, I will. :) Thanks!

Sfveda
01-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Oops, forgot something. It'll be kinda difficult for me to convince my parents to let me get a snake... My mom has some really bad misconceptions about them and my dad kinda goes with what she says. But, I'll keep trying. ^^

MightyNutteR
01-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi, enjoy zee forums =)