PDA

View Full Version : mice help?

mice help?

1_and_only
01-10-2006, 09:40 AM
My 1yr old snake is still on fuzzies and its time to move on to the next size because i dont notice a lump 24hrs after feeding. I did try feeding her 2 fuzzies but she regurged. So for the last 2 weeks and next week ive being giving her just one. Heres the problem i went to the pet store to get the next size up (hoppers i thought) but the guy gave me small mice (they are the next size up according to him) and they are massive compared to the fuzzies at least 3 times the size. So what should i do? try feeding two fuzzies again for a couple of weeks or try the small mouse. And is there a limit on the time you can leave the mice in the freezer?
Thankyou in advance

Gintha
01-10-2006, 01:56 PM
On average, mice will last 6 months in the freezer in a ziplock style bag, up to 2 years if you "vacuum pack" them. As for the prey ietm, if it is around 1.5 times the largest girth of the snake it should be fine, any larger than this and the chance of a regurge is increased. Also, different stores may have different sized "hoppers", the pet store I bought adult mice at sold me mice 1/3 the size of the adults I got from The Canadian Mouseman. So perhaps a different store would have slightly smaller hoppers =)