PDA

View Full Version : URI - pre-treatment?

URI - pre-treatment?

The Nothing
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Not directly cornsnake related, as this is concerning my ETB... but could have easily happened with a cornsnake as well...

My ETB arrived yesterday, so cool he was next too death. my hands were already cold, and he was colder...

I'm naturally now concerned about the possibilities of a URI. ETBs seem adept to hide URIs till it's almost too late.

Would it be wise to pre-treat it with antibiotics? Or would I be going to far too soon?

Preita
01-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Would it be wise to pre-treat it with antibiotics? Or would I be going to far too soon?

I personally would never treat anything that's not even there yet with antibiotics. Treatment with drugs should only be done by a vet IMHO

The Nothing
01-13-2006, 04:33 PM
alrighty
since we share the same opinion, that's what i'll go with :)

thanks

Kat
01-13-2006, 04:38 PM
I would recommend making sure he was warm (don't go outside their normal temp range) in his new container, and leaving him alone to destress as much as possible. Do check on him daily for signs of RI, though.

-Kat

Preita
01-13-2006, 05:02 PM
alrighty
since we share the same opinion, that's what i'll go with :)

thanks
Cool :D I can't wait to see more pictures of him once he's calmed down & all settled in :D

MegF.
01-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I would provide a warmer area that your ETB can bask in if it wants. Temps around 90 or so. I hope it will be alright. Looking forward to seeing another Green machine around here!

The Nothing
01-13-2006, 06:32 PM
i won't go that high... that'd re-invite more respiratory issues and regurges in emeralds (ERS has been linked to hot temps). But i have given him a warmside of 86 which is plenty warm for him...