PDA

View Full Version : From Across The Pond

From Across The Pond

Entriphinal
01-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi to all, my name's John and I'm from all the way across 'the pond' over here in the UK, this looks like a great site so far!

cka
01-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi John, welcome to Cornsnakes.com :wavey:

Lennycorn
01-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi there John. Are you new to corns??

Entriphinal
01-13-2006, 10:04 PM
eeh, vaguely - I've had mine for a while now and he's getting on nicely should be getting a few more and a rack to start breeding some new morphs soon but here in the UK we're way behind you guys in terms of what morphs we have. Opal's have pretty much only just reached us and $350 for an 05 hatchling

marty.warwick
01-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, The big sellers in the UK are Amels, Ghosts, Normals and Candycanes from what I've seen. And local breeders are nearly non-existant!

NI GUY
01-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, The big sellers in the UK are Amels, Ghosts, Normals and Candycanes from what I've seen. And local breeders are nearly non-existant!

The main four I see here in N. Ireland is Amels,snows,anerys and of course the normals.There prob the cheapest to buy.An amel or snow still get from £50- £70 in a pet shop here.

marty.warwick
01-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Oh yeah it was Snows not Ghost that I've seen a lot of, I saw some ghosts where I got Travis though strangely enough no Anerys! (although I vaguely remember them being on their price list)

Joker
03-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I just thought I would add in here. Your behaviour in the chat room today left a little to be desired. Please try and conduct yourself in a more proper fasion in the days to come. Thank you for your attention to this issue.
Josh

Entriphinal
03-04-2006, 04:23 PM
lolzorz - your gay :mrgreen:

Hurley
03-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Wavey train coming, there, buddy. Have a nice life.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

TandJ
03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Jokers comments are right on par.. The lack of personal responsibilty of this little feller with his mouth in the chat has much to be desired. Pity, maybe one day John will grow up a little..

Regards.. T and J

Entriphinal
03-04-2006, 04:51 PM
you're pretty terrifying.

TandJ
03-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Nan na naw naw, nan na naw naw .. heyyy heyyy heyyy good bye!

Jumps aboard the wavey train! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Regards!

Rich Z
03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I just thought I would add in here. Your behaviour in the chat room today left a little to be desired. Please try and conduct yourself in a more proper fasion in the days to come. Thank you for your attention to this issue.
Josh

Sorry, but that just isn't very likely. If you know what I mean...... :wavey: :wavey:

marty.warwick
03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Goodbyeeee :)

breedingcolors
03-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks Rich, it was quick! :)

Hurley
03-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks Rich!

That kind of trash is never called for.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Joker
03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks Rich! :crazy02:
Josh

Bobo's Mama
03-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Rich Z~~~AKA~~~Garbage Man:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

rachel132002
03-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Awww i missed John, ah well he may be banned elsewhere soon - muppet. Those of you in the UK though looking for breeders it's well worth speaking to Tanya (cornflake on here? i think..maybe.. ah heck i dunno) as she has reptile lover, cornmorphs has his site phil draper has ecorep i have a few corns etc here and there then there's all the shows unless they get banned so we are around lol

Rachel

jenkva
03-05-2006, 07:21 AM
I did not speak to him in the chat room yesterday but just by that one comment, I want to say "woooooo hoooooooo, good riddance"... sorry, the inner child just took over ... LOL
5 posts was quick to be banned!

nerys
03-06-2006, 05:13 AM
And local breeders are nearly non-existant!

PMSL....

and this from a guy based in hampshire, uk

Mate, i know 15-20 local breeders within 30 mins of hampshire...

two of them have been in the game for 30+ years, and turn out upwards of 1000 corns a year...

no local breeders indeed...

and no morphs????? where HAVE you been looking?????

there are 2 shops in hampshire to begin with, that have opals, pewters, lavenders, butters, butter motleys etc etc etc..

there is also another in bournemouth, which has a huge range of corns from one of the better, though not so public, breeders...

i've seen caramel stripes, caramel cubes..

I've seen bloodreds, vanishing stripes, patternless, stripes, motleys..

heck i even bought a butter stripe this year from a "local breeder"

the guys across the pond, it has to be said, do have better prices and some more of the newer morphs... but to relegate the UK to having nothing but amels, candy canes and ghosts is a bit much!

nice move sticking the donut-boy on the train btw...

N

marty.warwick
03-06-2006, 06:51 AM
and no morphs????? where HAVE you been looking?????

N

I believe I said 'big sellers'. And breeders can seem almost non-existant if you don't look hard enough I admit that lol.

nerys
03-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Mmmm.... i would not say thats all that sells over here, amels, CC's, Ghosts etc.. i think its more the case that the more specials.. tend to get snapped up before people like you ever see them (and before people like me see them sometimes too) stuff like lavenders, butters, coral snows, bloodreds go like hot cakes... the struggle would be to produce enough of them, but people who are into their morphs, tends to know who is breeding them, and hence they get taken before they are even advertised..

have you been to any of the UK shows at all? it may give you a better idea of what is being offered, and also what is being looked for...

there is one in hampshire in fact ;) in the autumn... maybe you missed that one last year??? i had a table there, promoting the corn snake show, and selling a few bits of my own breeding..

in fact hampshire has its own club too, they run the show.. and are based in portsmouth... has a newsletter with local breeder details in (their for sale ads anyway) Called PRAS. google them, they have a website

its probably worth you joining that actually :) being a hampshire boy

N

marty.warwick
03-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Looking around the PRAS site, cheers for that! :) I did hear about the hampshire show but after it was on lol, Yeah I'll definately have to get a membership! looks good. :cheers: