PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Fuzzy Feet

Frozen Fuzzy Feet

2i2_D3gr33s
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
So I recently switched one of my corns to fuzzies (he's plenty big around for these) and I've had a problem a couple times now. When I go to feed, He strikes, and has even been constricting (which he never did on pinkies) but once the head is in, it seems as though the legs of the fuzzie stick straight out of the corners of my snakes mouth. I watched for a half hour of him fighting to get this thing in, and finally decided to help him out. I reached in (very carefully) and snipped the fuzzies front legs off with a scissors. It went down in less than a minute after that. Last night, the same thing happened. So.... Should I just pre-snip the front legs off these guys, or let him tangle with it until he gets it down? Anyone else experience this?

Lore
01-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I noticed that when my corn had just started to eat fuzzies, but the thawed fuzzie is bendie, and eventually he worked it in and the arms bent back and went in. :shrugs: I don't know if it was necessary to cut the legs off. But if it appears to make it easier, I don't see the harm in it.

2i2_D3gr33s
01-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Holy crap, I just noticed in your sig that you have quads. I guess my fuzzies feet arent THAT big a deal...lol.

Lore
01-17-2006, 12:59 PM
LOL! ya... and to think, in a few months I'm crazy enough to add a Dog to our family! :crazy02:

Wilder
01-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Isn't it amazing these creatures can survive in the wild with no one to cut the legs off their mice? :rolleyes:

Mine occasionally have a bit of a time getting the legs in proper position to swallow, but I see it as extra time they're safely in one spot to go refresh their water or spot clean. If your snake is just new to fuzzies, he may take a few meals to figure out this larger and somewhat furry thing, but he really shouldn't need to have the legs cut off. You may try manipulating the legs before offering the fuzzy to the snake though, to make them less stiff.

The things we do for our snakes...