PDA

View Full Version : Question about feeding

Question about feeding

ballpythons18
01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Okay i just got a corn and i was wondering if anyone ever tried a mix of normal feeding and powerfeeding???i was thinking three right size pinkie mice for 3 weeks and then the 4th feeding 2 pinkie's, then another three weeks one pinkie and so fourth,i have a full grown Ball python at 3ft and i never powerfed her but if u do this evry once in a while to get length do u think it would hurt them?

Preita
01-19-2006, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't suggest that. I would suggest appripate meals (1 1/2 times the size of the snake). At all times.

I don't see that there would be any real benefit to that schedule.

princess
01-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Naaah, as said, feed an good sized item and when it needs to go up a size, do so.

marty.warwick
01-19-2006, 04:42 PM
:-offtopic Preita can I just say I love your signatures.. ! lol

ballpythons18
01-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Well i bought a pinkie(first one since i got him)i got him on monday and decided i try and feed him,i asked the guy for a small pinkie and he gave me one(so it seemed) i got home and placed it in the tank.I realized how huge it was compared to my snow corn,the pinkie's head was bigger then the corns head(although i've seen my python take down a rat twice the size of her head)this one made me nervous as the guy at the store said its feeding pretty good,wat do ya know,he bit it in the but,then coiled around it and realeased its bite and started constricting,then it bit it in the but again and a few min. later started to swallow and their is a nice size lump in him(hope he doesn't regurg)any way,how long till i no he won't regurg this meal?2 days 3 days?Just my first succesful corn and his feeding and had to tell evryone.

SnakeLuvrs
01-19-2006, 10:56 PM
you would be surprised with what they can handle... this is my yearling ghost...this was her first size upgrade

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/q400gjc/Snakes/DSC02394.jpg

made me nervous as hell... then i found out she could probably handle larger, although i am good with this size for her now...