PDA

View Full Version : Pinkie turn off

Pinkie turn off

galofgrace
01-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi,
I have an 05 Amel that I got at the pet store for my son for Christmas. we've
had all kinds of trouble with him. Mites, mouthrot, mucas, not eating for the first 3 weeks.We got everything cleared up and had to force feed 2x's but after that he ate 1pinkie at 2 different feedings. They had to be live which are hard to find in my area but I found some that I pick up every week.
The problem is that for the last 2 feedings he's refused them. I know he's hungry because last night he ate an anole in about 2 seconds flat. I don't know if you can buy frozen Anoles. Can someone help me? I think I love him more than my son. I'll do whatever I can for him. I just want him to eat. :shrugs:

Preita
01-20-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm amazed that with all those problems you didn't bring him back right away & go buy from a breeder :( Poor fella.

I don't think that they sell frozen anoles but I know that at least my pet co has them so yours might too. There are a bunch of people here that have kept them as pets because then they always have a fresh supply of anole saliva.

Best of luck!!!

galofgrace
01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
I know you're right about returning him but I could'nt. He's about the sweetest snake you ever met. Maybe I can pick some up at the next N.Y. show.

xavusangel
01-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I think I love him more than my son. I hope you dont love him more then you love you son, just kidding i knew what you ment :crazy02:

galofgrace
01-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh my goodness! That sure came out wrong. I meant I think I love him more than my son does. thanks for pointing that out.lol :wavey:

Wilder
01-21-2006, 04:16 PM
The problem is that for the last 2 feedings he's refused them. I know he's hungry because last night he ate an anole in about 2 seconds flat. I don't know if you can buy frozen Anoles. Can someone help me? I think I love him more than my son. I'll do whatever I can for him. I just want him to eat. :shrugs:

I don't know about frozen bulk anoles either, but you can probably find them as 'pets' for sale at Petsmart or Petco. You can get one to keep as a pet or freeze it and use it either way to scent a pink. Maybe that will be enough to get your snake to accept the mouse. Good luck. :)