PDA

View Full Version : Picky eater finally ate a frozen

Picky eater finally ate a frozen

RAP
09-21-2002, 11:40 AM
My picky eater (Butter) finally ate a frozen. This guy has been a picky eater since I first got him as a baby about 6 months ago. I have been reading these forums and got several ideas that I decided to try today. So thank you to everyone that is so helpful in offering advise.

Well, let me tell you what I tried. I took a frozen peach fuzzie hopper. I have noticed that they seem to have more of a scent than a pinkie. Since my butter is finally putting on a little size I thought he could handle a larger meal. I rubbed it on my daughters pet rabbit(when she was not looking lol). Then I tried the paper bag trick. And WOW he hit it right away. I am one happy herper.

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Iris
09-21-2002, 09:49 PM
I'm glad your butter ate the f/t!
I wonder what your rabbit thought when you rubbed that dead fuzzie on him..hehe ;)

little twiglet
09-22-2002, 08:45 AM
glad he ate at last!!
maybe the rabbit will have to become a permanent rodent scenting device!! :D

Simon
09-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Great!

Good to hear that the rabbit trick works....
but I hope that it doesn't get stuck with the rabbit trick....or else your daughter isn't gonig to be happy when she finds out...LOL...

Kevin M
09-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Might be time to get another rabbit so you can breed them eh? hehe...

And whats up with the Butters these days? I got a Butter 9 months ago that ate for me the first week I received her. Then she went off feed for 6 weeks. At that point I started force feeding her for several weeks and now she finally is taking live fuzzies on her own... Bah!

RAP
09-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey Kevin.

That is exactly what happened to me. Eat a couple of frozen right after i got him and then would not touch them. I tried everything. The only way he would eat is if I offered live.

Boy I hope this continues to work. I guess I will find out next week.