PDA

View Full Version : Regurge Question

Regurge Question

madmatt
01-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey,

I have just upgraded my corn to two pinkies at a feeding instead of one. He has had two feedings so far, and all seems fine!

I was just wondering, if a snake regurges is it generally soon after they eat it? Or do they regurge sometimes a long time after they eat the food?

Sorry if it's a wierd question, i always watch him/her when s/he eats, and all seems fine, he eats one then the second one straight after and they seem to go down nicely :grin01:

Thanks!

Mary-Beth
01-23-2006, 12:13 PM
As long as there is food in their stomach they can regurge. That time frame is usually between one and three days, so that's a rough guide line for what is normal. I've had them regurge on the first, second, and in one case (while we were evacuating for a hurricane) on the forth day after feeding.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

Roy Munson
01-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey,

I have just upgraded my corn to two pinkies at a feeding instead of one. He has had two feedings so far, and all seems fine!

I was just wondering, if a snake regurges is it generally soon after they eat it? Or do they regurge sometimes a long time after they eat the food?

Sorry if it's a wierd question, i always watch him/her when s/he eats, and all seems fine, he eats one then the second one straight after and they seem to go down nicely :grin01:

Thanks!

Usually, a regurge seems to happen in the first day or two after the feeding. But I've seen them as far out as four days. Sounds like you're in the clear. :)

madmatt
01-23-2006, 01:57 PM
OK Thanks a lot!

It's just that, because this is my first corn i'm not totally sure i would know a regurge if i saw one...if you know what i mean. Well, i'm sure i would have a good idea but i just want to make sure i am doing everything right!

Again, thanks!

Roy Munson
01-23-2006, 02:27 PM
...i'm not totally sure i would know a regurge if i saw one...if you know what i mean.

You'll know one when you SMELL one. :awcrap:

Preita
01-23-2006, 03:32 PM
You'll know one when you SMELL one. :awcrap:
ewwwwww

But seriously, I had the same worry when I first switched some of my 05's over to two pinks & then to fuzy's. I don't stop worrying till I see that poo lol

madmatt
01-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Lol, thanx for the graphic replies lmao...

He took another two today...i'm glad he is doing well :-)

Preita
01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
lol I get so proud when my snakes do what they are supposed to do :D

It's great to hear your little guy is growing.

madmatt
01-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks, lol he is growing alright. And in the space of a week lol.