PDA

View Full Version : Snake Pooping 1 1/2 days after eating?

Snake Pooping 1 1/2 days after eating?

snakessss
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I fed my corn 2 pinkies on sunday. When I checked on him last night, I saw him basking under his heat lamp and a poop by the waterbowl. Can snakes digest their food that fast?

marty.warwick
01-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Well you give them roughly 48 hours to digest their food, doesn't mean it will take that whole time, as long as it looked fine then 1 1/2 sounds fine to me..

Slippery Ernie
01-26-2006, 08:29 AM
It's probably from last week's meal.

Kvlt
01-26-2006, 09:34 AM
when you feed an adult corn a pretty large meal...does it still poop it out after 2-3 days or will it take longer?

marty.warwick
01-26-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm not sure about this because I haven't an adult.. but I think usually it might take a little longer, I've heard some people who, when they bump up the size of their food, say.. fuzzies to hoppers etc.. they will give an extra day or before handling, but thats waiting for handling.. not so sure about the poo.. interesting question actually lol :p

stuartjc
01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
mine poo'ed today and was fed monday,
as usually i wait two to three days to handle but she will never poo untill i take her out of the viv, she remains unactive unless i take her out but as soon as she starts moving it seems to stimulate her in passing..

my point is i think it depends on how active they are, the more active the quicker it takes

Preita
01-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I've noticed that when I bumped up from pinks to fuzzys it took an extra day to poo :D No worries. It's a good thing that your snake's not backed up :cheers:

Muggle
01-26-2006, 11:39 PM
I've noticed that when I bumped up from pinks to fuzzys it took an extra day to poo :D No worries. It's a good thing that your snake's not backed up :cheers:

I notised this too. Candy always pooped on the second day after a feed but when I bumped her up to fuzzies she changed that to the third day after the feed. I assumed it was normal to take longer but it kind of surprised me when I was looking in the cage on the second day trying to find the poo and it wasn't there like normal :rolleyes: . Oh well . . .

Bobo's Mama
01-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Since we're talking about poop, I figured I'd throw this in. Since I bumped my amel up to hoppers, she is now pooping more than ever. When she was on fuzzies and pinkies, she only pooped once or twice, but now she poops three or four times. And at least one of the poops each time is hairy. Its gross, but I can even kind of tell what color mouse she ate. Hair = Metmucil for snakes. :crazy02: