PDA

View Full Version : No shed in 4 months....

No shed in 4 months....

Energi2er
01-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey guys, I have been busy lately so I havent been on in a while. I recently moved to the other side of town. I am kind of worried about Domino. She has not shed in 4 months, and she is really small for her age shes about 9 months old and should be on fuzzies, but I still have her on pinkies because she regurges anything bigger than a day or two old pink. Last regurge was on January 1st of this year... Is it time for a vet or what?

dionythicus
01-28-2006, 07:05 PM
That is unusual to have a snake that age still eating tiny pinks. The no shed maybe because she's not growing enough to have outgrown her old skin? I hope someone else can offer advice.

Roy Munson
01-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey guys, I have been busy lately so I havent been on in a while. I recently moved to the other side of town. I am kind of worried about Domino. She has not shed in 4 months, and she is really small for her age shes about 9 months old and should be on fuzzies, but I still have her on pinkies because she regurges anything bigger than a day or two old pink. Last regurge was on January 1st of this year... Is it time for a vet or what?

Wondered where you went. If Domino were my snake, I'd be ordering a couple of bottles of Nutri-BAC from Kathy Love's Cornutopia site. I'd dust the back-end of every prey item from here on out. The stuff's only $10 a bottle, and I think it's great. I had a few problematic hatchlings that responded very well to it. Good luck.

PssdffJay
01-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey hey, long time. I was gone for a long time too becuase of work. I thought domino was a he...

Nagini didnt shed for about 3 months, but she eventially did. She is still probably small compared to other 05 hatchlings, but I am soon going to be switching to fuzzies.

Maybe a vet visit might be in order, I dont have any experience, but it might be better safe than... well the other thing.

Hope she pulls through for you and I look forward to seeing you around the site.

Energi2er
01-29-2006, 04:26 AM
I got nutri-bac from Kathy, and have been using it every time I feed. It definately helps because she looks healthier now, and has her color back, and the regurges have slowed down. I feed her 1 small pinky a week thawed and warmed to pefection served with a side of nutri-bac, and fresh water on tap for the beverage. She just doesnt seem like she is growing a bit. I am going to try to gradually increse the size of her food and hope she doesnt start regurging again.

How long should I keep her on Nutri-bac?

Yeah Jay Domino is a she, she was popped twice and both revealed a girl. My other one is definately a boy no question.. I saw them things myself.