• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how wrinkled do they get when shedding?

PssdffJay

Serpensortia
Nagini was in blue then friday she had brightened up but not shed. I decided to see if she would eat as it was her day and she did. So I went to see if i could see her shed skin in the viv and couldnt so I poked around in the aspen. She was hiding under a piece of newspaper that I have under the aspen.

I have never seen her between blue and freshly shed so I dont know if this is normal, but when I lifted up the paper she was really wrinkledaround the neck up to the lumps in the stomach and then wrinkled to the end of her tail. It looked like her skin was hanging off of her. I thought about taking a picture but as she had recently eaten I didnt want to disturb or stress her out. I did put a moist hide in her viv if she needs it.

I hope someone knows what I am trying to describe, I just want to know if it is normal or if it is a problem.

It sounds like shes shedding...when a snake is in blue they are like that for a few days and there skin is really dull during this time, then when there eyes clear up, they usually seem brighter and it looks like they shed already, but they didnt. Then a few days later they shed...

Thanks, I know that they clear up, I just have never seen her wrinkled like that and with feeding I was a little concerned. I talked to some people in chat about it too. :cheers:

Turns out it was within minutes of her shedding, she is in the process right now. She was trying to rub it off on one of the fake plants so I gently put her in the moist hide and she has be working off good now. Ill eventually post pics when i charge my batteries as they died just now and I wanted to take some shots...

Back