PDA

View Full Version : cornsnake acting agressive and scared towads me?

cornsnake acting agressive and scared towads me?

nicky
04-14-2002, 01:23 PM
hello everyone,
Today I cleaned my 2 foot long 5 month old cornsnake. Anyway after I was done I put little nicky back in. Like always he showed no sign of stress at being in a new arragement. He happly slithered around while i did my homework:( Anyway an hour later I decided to put his rocks back in that had cooled down from being disenfected. Nicky was in the way I had to move him. So as i went to sortapick him up he sorta I don't know how to discribe it whip his side at me (not to strong just as to say back of) then he ran away and burrowed underground and hide in his hidebox.

What did i do that made him all agitated it's not the first time i've tried moving him gentelly out the way? Is he mad at me? :( I hope not.

Alicia
04-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Nicky just didn't want to be bothered and he was letting you know the only way he knows how. I don't think that they are able to "stay mad" at anyone. Sounds like normal corn behavior to me:) They do these things sometimes.

:D Alicia

Kevin M
04-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Dont be alarmed nicky. Im sure its nothing you did that annoyed him. he just didnt want to be bothered at the time. prolly just got used to his newly cleaned home and then there you are disturbing him. heh

-Kev

nicky
04-14-2002, 04:16 PM
ya I'lll leave him alone for today to get used to the new arragment and tommorow maybe he will wanna come out. thanx anyway

Kevin M
04-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Time heals all wounds. Or bad temperment as the case may be. heh

-Kev

Jr Nimeskern
04-15-2002, 10:18 PM
lol I think thats kinda funny... when he wipps his tail at you... its usually a kind of attack... theyll usually musk you... or something it happend to me once... it was nasty... he just didnt want to be bothered...
one time I didnt really think about it but I keep my burmese and corn snakes in my room... I didnt really think about them getting mad at me... but I went and cleaned and vacuumed my room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me repeat myself never ever vaccum a room with a burmese python in it!!!!! it got so pissed at me... it kept trying to bight my through the glass... kept ramming its head into the glass tryin to bight me... I felt so stupiod... i would leave my room and come back like after 3 hrs. and she still was pissed and bighting at me... i went to bed thinking how horrable i was the next morning... she didnt remember a thing... must be snake amnesha... but i picked her up and everything...
............never vaccum..............

Jillie
06-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Been reading these stories absoloutly hilarious. okay so now i'm scared to vacum & clean out flakes tank haha. And here was me yesterday getting in a state because flakes decided to get have a go at me when I tried to pick him up. To be fair to him I've had him about a month and he has never done it before and he is in Blue so proberly temprementle. (all he did was strike at me but didnt actually bite just knocked me with his nose.) I was so upset that I had peeved him off I cried. :crazy02: :crazy02:

your_only_nightmare
06-10-2007, 05:49 AM
you probably just spooked him, happens to me sometimes, il stick my hand in, they don't notice it, if i touch them, they'll be gone in a second

Yvonne112
06-12-2007, 12:59 PM
It's enough to make me never want to vacuume again ! :rofl:

Nanci
06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Some snakes like vacuuming. I got this Roomba robot vacuum that just runs by itself. Before I got it I thought it somehow "saw" walls and furniture and avoided them, but what really happens is it bumps gently into things and then backs up or turns away. So Choco quickly figured out that if the vacuum was running and bumping his stand, I was around, so if he came out and stood up at the front of his viv and waved back and forth, I'd feel sorry for him and take him out! (He'd already figured out that if the TV was on, I was there.)

Nanci

Yvonne112
06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Choco is one very smart snake !