PDA

View Full Version : Something may be wrong with new corn

Something may be wrong with new corn

RickNC
02-03-2006, 05:06 PM
So I got this guy last Sunday. Three days ago he ate a mouse with no problems. Ever since then he has been in his hide on the cool side of his tank. As far as I know he has not come out. I don't see any regurge. Is this normal after feeding? Thanks.

Baba-Lou
02-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Don't worry to much. My corn likes hanging out in his cool hide, and hanging in his papertowel tube hide in the branches.

razorback
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
I think that is perfectly normal behavior for your corn. The only thing that I would concern myself with is the temperature in the cool side hide (or near about), and the resulting bowell movement after digestion is complete. If those two things are normal or within an expected range, you have a healthly snake.

Lennycorn
02-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Agreed, it normal for him to chill out. It might be the snake's "style".
But also since he a hatchling, he might not know there is a warm side.
So just wait forty eight hours after feeding, then you handle him and soon he'll know there is a warm side.

God Luck. :cheers:

RickNC
02-03-2006, 05:35 PM
He had been coming out even during the day until the feeding. His cool side of the tank is between 70-74. It's been two days since feeding so I may get him out today.

Preita
02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Most snakes will hide until they have finished digesting. Mine do. As soon as they poo they are back out :D

RickNC
02-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I got him out and he acted normally. Cruised around his tank for a few minutes, drank some water and then went back into his hide. Just seems like he would want to be on the warm side but he stays on the cool side. Above his UTH on top of the substrate it is mid 80's.

Baba-Lou
02-03-2006, 06:53 PM
I thought my snake never knew he had a hot hide. OS i would put his head in there and then he stayed in there for a while before heading back to his cool hide.

RickNC
02-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Maybe it's normal then.