PDA

View Full Version : Regurge after 6 days?

Regurge after 6 days?

Pinklady
02-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Is it possible to regurge after 6 days?

Did a search and saw someone had a regurge after 4 days, but can't find anything about more days than that.

Odin was fed a fuzzy a week ago. He has been out for handling since the 4th day after feeding. Last night he was out for 15 minutes. A couple of hours later I saw what looked like a regurge in his tank. It was odourless, but looks like empty mouse skin. He has had no visible lump since 2 days after feeding. His temps are fine.

He has never regurged but Drake has-what was in his tank looked different to Drakes regurge. Drake regurged when moving up to fuzzys, Odin didn't. He has had around 6 weeks of fuzzys now with no apparent problems.

Lennycorn
02-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I would think after six days it wasn't a regurge, but just what you said, undigested skin. I saw something like that after a few feeding of fuzzy too. I now slice the backs to the fuzzy to help with digestion. Seems to help. :shrugs: Sorry I can help more.

Good Luck :cheers:

MegF.
02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I'd say no to a regurge also. Once you get to the mice with fur, you'll often find the fur and such in their poop.

gardenmum
02-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I agree, it was most likely a fecal. Sometimes some of it doesn't digest all the way and comes out like that. IF it were a regurge, you would definitely smell it as such. The only way I could see if you could get a regurge after 6 days is if you didn't have any warmth in there to help the digestion, but then, the snake would regurge long before the 6th day if that were the case. So, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

When in doubt, use your nose, a regurge never fails to stink, even a mostly digested one! :)

Pinklady
02-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for that-I'll go ahead and feed him as planned :)