PDA

View Full Version : first missed feeding with me.

first missed feeding with me.

stcktnkid
02-16-2006, 08:54 PM
So, I had my snake for about 5 or 6 feedings so far. I feed him 1 prey item every 7 days. My snake is about 40 inches long. I would feed him 1 small adult mouse or 1 rat pup per feeding. This is his first feeding that he decided to not eat. He was not interested in eatting at all. I have switched from mice to rats and he doesnt care what is infront of him. He also just shed about 4 days ago (first shed with me) and i htought for sure he would eat. He never even thinks twice, once the mouse is near him he demolishes it. So after he didnt eat it after a few mins i took the mouse out. I will try a rat in a few days and see if thats what he wants. Its just upsetting when they dont eat.

Lennycorn
02-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I would think this behaver in normal. If he is healthy and being forty inches I think he could miss a meal or more with no problems. He might not be interested in food because it matting time. But there more reason too.
But I would wait and feed on feeding day not three day from now cause you don't want to condition your snake to refuse food. He'll be fine.

Good Luck :cheers:

stcktnkid
02-16-2006, 10:13 PM
oh OK, so i should wait and feed him on thursday (his normal feeding day)? And I was thinking it could have something to do with mating season. I am also unsure of his sex at this time.

Lennycorn
02-16-2006, 10:21 PM
On the next feeding day you could try slicing the back of the food item to help scent it or try brain it. Sticking it with a pin and squeezing out a little a little. Here a link that might help but it still might not eat. There is alot of reasons why not.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

Good Luck :cheers:

stcktnkid
02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
actually, is there a sex that stops eatting during the mating season?

Lennycorn
02-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Males tend too.

Tyson the corn
02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Yea , i have a 30 inch butter corn atm , still a baby .. he wouldnt eat for 4 weeks and he still kept getting fatter ..