PDA

View Full Version : Mail Order food

Mail Order food

bozoskeleton
04-14-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm wondering about mail order food. It seems so much cheaper that going to the pet shop, but I'm kind of leery about fozen stuff in th mail. Has everyone had good luck with using mail order?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bryan

Alicia
04-14-2002, 07:39 PM
I just got my first shipment on Thursday and I was very pleased with the packaging and the product. I was worried about everything staying frozen but it was fine. I wasn't even home to sign and bring it in, so I was impressed. I have too many snakes to continue buying locally, my food bill was big:) Even with the cost of shipping I saved money.

bozoskeleton
04-14-2002, 07:42 PM
What site did you use? Also how long did it take from order to receiving the shipment?

Thanks

Bryan

Alicia
04-14-2002, 08:17 PM
I ordered online on Monday, got confirmation and my shipping charges within a few minutes. Order shipped on Wednesday via Airborne and was at my door by 10:00 AM Thursday. It was packed in a heavy box, dry ice to keep everything cold and thick insulation. It was very cold inside that box:)
Hope this helps.

Alicia

Kevin M
04-14-2002, 08:27 PM
I exclusivly buy F/T rodents. (Online and at shows) And I couldnt be happier.

If bought from a reputable breeder no one should ever have any problems. Rodents are packed in dry ice or ice packs, Are shipped overnight or 2 day air and are of course, cheap!

Ive used them all over the years, Mice on Ice, Cajun Mice, FrozenRodent, The Mouse Factory & currently The Big Cheese Rodent Factory. Other than price I cannot say I prefer any over the other.

My only beef is some of these breeders send rather dirty mice. last thing I need is urine and feces all voer my feeder mice.

-Kev

vbgrafx
04-14-2002, 09:16 PM
try www.rodentpro.com. good low prices, and professional packaging. :cool:

Simon
04-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Well I don't live in the US but I still buy F/T Mice online. I get them at www.canadianmouseman.com shipping and handling only takes one day. They are in Alberta and I am in Ontario. So I would say that it's efficient enough.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

bozoskeleton
04-14-2002, 11:13 PM
Thanks....You guys are the most helpful group of people on the planet. I'll check out all those sites. There's a show coming to Indianapolis (where I live) on April 28 so maybe I'll stock up there.

Bryan

Peter
04-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Rodentpro is in Indiana so they definately would get it to you fast. They have great prices. I also order from Cajunmice. They have really nice vacuum packed food items. Don't worry about the shipping, either will get them to you overnight or 2nd day (just packed in more dry ice). I have never had any problem.

jim
04-15-2002, 12:58 AM
i order from rodentpro and think they are one of the best. also, the owners are very nice and seem to like to keep things on a close personal level with their customers. very nice people and good prices!!! ---jim

B-J@y
04-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Well, I'm a Dutch guy, and for the dutch people who have a lot of snakes.... this will be the best site i've seen for feeders

www.duiveman.nl

Not oly mice bud al kind o feeder animals!!!

Damn... it looks like i'm good ad advertising here!!! :D

Kevin M
04-15-2002, 05:40 PM
Glad we could all be of help bozo. Please let us know who you decided to order from and how the experience was.

-Kev