• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hairball?

Bobo's Mama

proud corn mommy!
Bobo had a regurge tonight, or at least I think it was. It just seems weird. He ate a hopper on the 14th, crapped on 16th, 2 days apart, which is like clockwork for him. And then I find this brown blob in the viv tonight. He's been cruising like crazy the past couple of nights. I know my temps are fine. The mouse was fine, as it was one of mine. I ended up scooping out the regurge thing with a paper towel and being the curious/gross person that I am, I sort of disected it with a fork and found mostly hair and what looked like mouse guts. I knew from the smell:puke01: that it wasn't a poop. I just wonder what made him regurge after nearly a week?:shrugs:

Did you happen to just bump your snake to fuzzy a few feeding ago? Because you state you feed on the 14th and found a hairball/regurge on the "19th".
It might be just poop. :shrugs:

He's been eating hoppers now for 5 feedings. I would think he'd be used to it by now. It seemed too runny to be a poop, and it didn't smell like a poop either. I'm going to treat it like a regurge regardless. I've got a bottle of Nutri-bac on order. I'm going to add it to the vitamin mixture I already use.

Bobo's Mama said:
I'm going to treat it like a regurge regardless. I've got a bottle of Nutri-bac on order. I'm going to add it to the vitamin mixture I already use.

Yeah that the best bet. I was just trying to help (throw out ideas).
By the way what the mixture your using if you don't mind. Dean had one I wrote but now can't find the scratch paper or thread.

Thanks
Lennycorn.

Its the same as Dean's mix. Reptocal and Herptivite. I am also going to be making reostats this weekend. I've been regulating heat with paper towels over the heat pads, but I think its time to do the reostat route so I can get better temp control. Thanks for your ideas, though. :)

That was it Herptivite. thanks.
I made three of the rehostats, one for a friend. pretty simply, thanks to the thread. I made mine with one one receptacle and a dimmer switch in one "double box". That so I could plug in the light and uth but the uth is control separately. You'll like yours.

Well thanks again.
Lennycorn

Back