PDA

View Full Version : Body Firmness? - Muscle/Fat/Other

Body Firmness? - Muscle/Fat/Other

zwyatt
02-20-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm wondering if there is any consensus on what a corn's body should feel like to the touch. Should they always feel firm and muscular?

My snow female is just over a year and a half old and about 150 grams. She seems to be putting on weight and growing well. She's eaten two hoppers for the last several feedings and will be moving up to small adults when they arrive later this week. She's currently on about a 7-8 day feeding schedule. I haven't noticed anything that I would call fatty deposits. Although, I can't say that I have personally seen an obese snake. Like I said she's still fairly young and growing so I can't imagine her being overweight. Her body just doesn't always feel as firm as some of my others. When she gets upset or tenses her body she feels firm like the rest, but it's when she's relaxed and cruising my hands and arms that I notice that her belly and sides of her body tend to feel more soft. Maybe I'm just crazy or too concerned? :shrugs:

Any thoughts on why she may feel sort of soft? Is this a common/normal thing or should they tend to feel firm?

Thanks

zwyatt
02-21-2006, 05:42 PM
No thoughts? Guess I'm just being too worried. :shrugs:

marty.warwick
02-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm not really too sure on this.. When I touch Trav he's usually soft .. kindof.. But he feels firm around the places in his body that he's using I guess, When he's moving, He'll feel firm, when he's just sat in my hand (a rare sight being as 'explorative' as he is..)
But like I said, I'm not entirely sure whether they are meant to always feel firm or not..
I wouldn't be incredibly worried.. I posted about Travis' eye (That never got a reply :eek1: ) but I wasn't too worried about it I just wanted to know what other people thought..