PDA

View Full Version : food lump

food lump

saraelf69
02-22-2006, 12:06 AM
how soon after you feed a snake does the food lump go away? she ate thursday the 16th and the lump is sorta small and its closer to her tail than her head.

Slippery Ernie
02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Usually only a couple days at most for mine.

Make sure the cage is warm enough.

KatieL
02-22-2006, 07:17 PM
As far as I can remember, the lump is generally no longer noticeable in my snakes within 48 hours of eating. However, sometimes the lump seems to reappear right above their vent right before they are going to defecate.

I'd say double check your temps too. Maybe its not warm enough for the snake to digest its food properly...or maybe yours is just a slow digester...or maybe your food item was to the large side. It could be a lot of things. :)

saraelf69
02-22-2006, 09:52 PM
well she just took another pinky and i looked at her before she ate and she wasnt fat anymore. how come i can never see her poop??? :shrugs:

marty.warwick
02-23-2006, 08:02 AM
With pinks, not a lot of waste actually comes out so there won't be much there, and also they can be hard to find without properly looking (certain substrates make finding poop easier) They tend to be around the edge of the viv, Corns tend to explore around the perimeter of the viv a lot, (Also why a lot of people put water bowls around the edge so they can find it easier)