PDA

View Full Version : Strange lump?

Strange lump?

SevierSerpents
02-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I've noticed a strange lump in this one. It's not food, because he's eaten twice since I noticed this. He also seems to be deficating regularly. Anyone seen anything like this before?

http://members.cox.net/sevierserpents/img/chandlerlump4.jpg

http://members.cox.net/sevierserpents/img/chandlerlump2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/sevierserpents/img/chandlerlump3.jpg

MegF.
02-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Haven't a clue. Is the lump hard? Could be an odd set of ribs perhaps, or it cold be something else entirely. Have you thought of having it checked by a vet?

SevierSerpents
02-24-2006, 10:33 AM
He hasn't seen a vet yet, since I had been waiting to see if this would go away. A few other things I should mention:

He's eating regularly.
He isn't regurging (and never has).
He's been soaked in warm water to loosen any stool.
The lump feels normal (not overly hard, not overly squishy).
Temps/humidity are maintained very well.

As an internet veteran of 10 years, one would think that I would learn to "search" by now. I've seen a couple of threads with somewhat similar issues. Based on other references, and since he's acting quite fine, I'm venturing a guess of a tumorous growth.

princess
02-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I've looked hard and I can't see a lump but I do see some bulging around the middle...is that it?

I'm not a vet so don't stress because I might be way wrong......Could it have worms or some kind of intestinal paracite that distends its stomach?

If the snake is eating and gaining weight then I guess that's not so likely but who knows?

SevierSerpents
02-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Of course I always fear the worst and try to error on the side of safety. I figured someone would start yelling "crypto", by now. Yet he doesn't seem to have any detrimental symptoms. And he's always been seperated from any other snake. But just to be safe, he's got an appt with a vet early next week now.

CHARMER
02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Good Luck and better to be safe.

Beautiful guy by the way!!!

Kat
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
It's also possible it's salmonella.
-Kat

SevierSerpents
02-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Quite likely.

2 kudos for Kat. Great user title, and great sig!

But after saying the universal greeting, you're supposed to offer an energon goody...

SevierSerpents
02-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Fecal was done and turns out to be just a bit of bacteria. Doc says he's got a little gas buildup and issued an antibiotic. He's already looking better. Poor lil guy just had to fart. :sidestep:

Drizzt80
02-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Fecal was done and turns out to be just a bit of bacteria. Doc says he's got a little gas buildup and issued an antibiotic. He's already looking better. Poor lil guy just had to fart. :sidestep:

Can definitely empathize!

Glad to hear it was something simple.
D80

jazzgeek
02-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Poor lil guy just had to fart. :sidestep:And wouldn't ya know, not a finger to pull. :grin01:

regards,
jazz

cornsnakefreak67
03-01-2006, 06:16 AM
i couldn't really SEE a bump but i trust that you can feel it though. im not sure what the heck it is but you should ask any one possible.

hes really nice looking also