PDA

View Full Version : Fat corn

Fat corn

Noel_Gallagher
09-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Just wondering if putting my yearling corn on a little diet would harm her at all. She's always been an excellent feeder and never refused food other than for sheds. Recently ive noticed her belly fells a little flabby, shes pooping fine and regular but seems to have lost a little muscle tone recently. She eats 2 small mice a week, this is ok isnt it? Any help greatly appreciated.

Neil
09-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Probably best if she has one mouse a week.

Alicia
09-29-2002, 02:31 PM
A yearling is still growing and can handle being fed more often. IMHO 2 small mice a week is not too much. If you question if she is obese then have her checked and weighed by a vet. She sounds fine by your description:)

Simon
09-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Yes I totally agree with Alica.
I think that a yearling can still handle two adult mice a week. They are still growing so having a little extra 'fat' right now isn't going to do too much harm.
You can try and make her do a little excerise if you are worried. Try and make her contract the mouse when feeding. Wiggle the mouse around so that it thinks that the mouse is alive. By natural response it will contract the mouse.
If you are still worried about it, get it to a vet and check up on her.
I personally wouldn't worry too much if it's a yearling or a bit older than a yearling.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

whiffin
09-30-2002, 04:53 AM
If U post a photo to the photo gallery I'm sure people will be able to tell you if it's fat or not

just a thought ...

dartguy
10-01-2002, 01:09 AM
are you the singer for oasis?

Noel_Gallagher
10-01-2002, 01:03 PM
nahh mate, im trhe guitarist!!!, will post some pix of the snakes just as soon as i get a decent camera, cheers for the advice tho

dartguy
10-01-2002, 01:10 PM
check her belly for shape...it should be flat and look squared off from the sides...kinda like a bread loaf :cool:

ps..sorry, mixed you up with Liam :cool:

hey I used to have a male Baird's...could you post a pic of it?

Noel_Gallagher
10-01-2002, 03:02 PM
as soon as i get a cam, hes a hypo but VERY aggresive. Looking to get some pics of the ghost shes looking very cute at the mo!

dartguy
10-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I remember mine being super aggressive also :eek: