PDA

View Full Version : Sporadic feeder

Sporadic feeder

Jay C.
02-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Hi, I have a 6 month old butter motley corn that stopped eating for over a month. Then he ate once and now he wont eat again. He is still very active. I have tried live and frozen/thawed. We feed him in his feeding box. We tried putting him in a bag and he still didnt eat. He always has been a difficullt feeder but atleast he ate most of the time. I have read other threads that say not to worry but you all know we do. Thanks Jay C.

Lennycorn
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
I slice the backs of the f/t food. Try braining, scenting with tuna water are just two trick.
Here a link that could help.http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

Good Luck and post back with any progress.

Jay C.
03-10-2006, 02:39 PM
He still hasnt eating tried braining and slicing and also tried the tuna fish. Hes starting to get pretty skinny :cry:

scottsquatch
03-11-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm by no means suggesting that you give up, but realize that some snakes just don't thrive and end up dead. A few yrs ago I got a clutch of 8 corns and one of them just wouldn't eat. tried all the tricks...still no luck. Got a fecal done...nothing wrong with him that way. We finally started using a pinkie pump, but more often than not, he'd just regurge. Eventually he withered away to the point that I had to euthanize him... Poor litttle guy. Anyway, bring him to the vet for a fecal exam if you are really worried, at least you will know if the feeding problem is parasite induced or not. Good luck!

Tracee
03-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Jay C, how long has it been since the last feed now? It sounds obvious, but have you tried leaving him overnight in a small container inside his viv in the dark? Lastly, how long do you wait in between attempted feeds to try again?

If you don't want to give up on the lil fella try scenting with anoles or chicken soup, which has worked for people before.

A last resort is force-feeding. I can pull up some excellent threads (with pictures) if you decide you will have to go down this route to keep him alive.

Good luck.

Jay C.
03-22-2006, 05:12 PM
He died today. Thanks to everyone that tried to help. We'll miss him :cry:

Roy Munson
03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
He died today. Thanks to everyone that tried to help. We'll miss him :cry:
That's too bad. Sorry to hear it. :(

bribrian
03-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Never easy to lose a pet, big hug..... :awcrap: