PDA

View Full Version : Herping in NC

Herping in NC

scottrussell
03-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey guys, i'm going to be visiting Western noth carolina (asheville) in the beginning of april and i was looking for some tips on herping. i've never really been successful at looking for snakes (and never did it too often either), but i figure in north carolina in the woods there are better chances than doing it in the suburbs of maryland. does anyone know if this specific area is ok for herping? also is that time of the year a bad time or a good time to look for snakes? i'd figure it would be pretty good cause spring is starting and all the animals will be coming out. short of that it's just all about keeping your eyes peeled and not making too much noise right?

JTGoff69
03-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Scott,
You may get lucky, but it's still pretty chilly here. April's a few weeks away though, so who knows? N Carolina weather is anything but predictable. I would think Asheville would be great for herping (just be on the lookout for copperheads and cottonmouths). Good luck, and post pics when you get back. :wavey:
Jen

scottrussell
03-06-2006, 07:31 PM
yeah it's mostly just for finding snakes...capturing them and playing with them a bit and getting some photos. i don't really have any want to keep any.