PDA

View Full Version : Baby Miami Corn from Serpenco is now EATING

Baby Miami Corn from Serpenco is now EATING

Sweet Pickle
10-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Hello,

That baby female Miami Corn is now eating...This is the one that I got at MARS from Serpenco. I also got a male Miami and a male Upper Keys from Serpenco at the show but they started eating immediately...

Here is what I did:
I noticed that the snake was CONSTANTLY trying to get out of its shoebox. The whole room is at about 85 degrees and in the shoebox was a water dish, paper towel, and a deli-cup converted into a hide box by slicing a hole in the side and putting in a little damp spaghum moss.

I thought that she may be nervous so I put in two toilet paper rolls as additional hiding spots. This worked because she began to just spend her time in these and ceased her constant wandering.

She took a pinky mouse last Friday morning and another one last night at 10 PM.

I had just finished a grad school financial management exam so it really pleased me and helped to relieve some stress to see her eat AGAIN and with no hassle :)

Later,
Peter

By the way, my 24.4 mice (I have split into 4 groups) have started dropping babies left and right so my snakes are going to be eating high on the hog... yahooo!! no more spending time at the petstore waiting for the long haired, tattoo'd freaks to gather my $1.29 each pinkies!!!!!!!

Alicia
10-01-2002, 09:40 PM
It's a great day when they eat:D Glad to hear she finally got settled in enough to eat.

Simon
10-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Congrats on the feeding!!
Also congrats on the pinkies too.....that would save you a lot of money....
I would do it if I could......that is if my gf would let me....save me a whole lot more....LOL....

Axe
10-01-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Sweet Pickle
By the way, my 24.4 mice (I have split into 4 groups) have started dropping babies left and right so my snakes are going to be eating high on the hog... yahooo!! no more spending time at the petstore waiting for the long haired, tattoo'd freaks to gather my $1.29 each pinkies!!!!!!!

YEOWCH! and I thought a buck each was expensive at our local store (I picked up a pack of 100 frozen pinkies at the Tampa show though for $25)...

Btw, are you sure it's 24.4 or 4.24? I find it hard to imagine that many males would be happy with only 4 females between 'em ;)

manteca
10-02-2002, 12:51 AM
im glad that your snake starting eating!!!!!!!

Sweet Pickle
10-02-2002, 07:29 AM
yeah i meant 4.24 mice and NOT 24.4