PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem!

Weird problem!

marty.warwick
03-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I was handling travis just a min ago, and when he stretched out suddenly he kinda looked all fat like a bulge after eating but throught his whole body and the muscles under the belly scales contractedand his body was like overlapping those muscles - its so hard to describe!
I got so freaked out because he was holding his mouth open! I put him back immediately and he was still like it - One part of him, like an inch or so near his stomach, had shrunk and was a much smaller girth - about as thick as his neck.

It was seriously as if when he stretched he got muscular cramp, I was unsure so I left him on his own and came straight on here and search but to no avail.

Anyone know what that was? :shrugs:

marty.warwick
03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
UPDATE:

I just checked on him and he's all tucked up fine and not looking weird - I have found too poo's.. I am fairly sure they are poops, although I cleaned up one the other day - these ones look brown and wet - but fairly solid, He last ate on saturday - Did whatever happen cause a regurge or the excretion?

diamondlil
03-08-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't know, Marty, it sort of sounds more like a re-gurge because you said his mouth was open and his muscles were contracting. Did the 'deposits' smell much?

marty.warwick
03-08-2006, 09:38 AM
They didn't seem too smell too bad, not pleasant obviously, and you couldn't smell unless I practically stuck my head in the viv, and even then it wasn't strong - one of them looks more in colour like regurge, the second does kindof, but I swear I see some white urates of some kind - Either way I think I should treat it like one.
Anyone with me on that?

diamondlil
03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm sure there was a similar thread last week,and the consensus was to treat as a re-gurge just in case, hope the T-man feels better soon

marty.warwick
03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks, I still just think it was some sort of muscle cramp that triggered it off, he was hanging down from my arm and it happened as he started to pull himself backup,
I've never really read about cramps in snakes, nor can I find much information, just some 'spasms' and stuff, but I myself suffer from them really bad and I know it leaves me feeling sick after.. :shrugs:

Roy Munson
03-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah Marty, it sounds exactly like the few regurges I've actually seen as they occurred. It's a very alarming sight, as you describe. Hope the T-man didn't experience too much stress.

marty.warwick
03-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks Dean, I've relaxed a little now I know what it was and what to do next, It was definately an alarming sight! my heart was racing! I just took straight back upstairs and put him back and left him on his own, I have turned out the lights in that room too. He usually doesn't get stressed easily and has always been an easy one, Hopfully should get through this just fine.