PDA

View Full Version : growth might be stunted, can this be fixed

growth might be stunted, can this be fixed

Had1nowwant1
03-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I've had my 2 cornsnakes for almost a year now and i think they are a little on the small side. Like i said in another post i kinda got off the regular feeding schedule for a few months and fed them every 2 weeks sometimes. Would this mean that if they are small for their age now are they going to be smaller forever? Is their growth stunted forever? Is there anyway to fix this so they can still reach a big size. I'm not sure of their age but like i said i've had them for about a year and they were maybe a foot and the other a foot and a half when i got them so they must have been pretty young. I havnt gotten measurements lately but i would say Ethan (the bigger one) is about 30"-3ft and Ruby ( the smaller one) is about 2ft or so.

DaemoNox
03-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Think about in the wild; snakes may go weeks without finding food, and then they may eat more often then we would feed in captivity for a few weeks. A period of slower growth will not stunt them permenently and if they do get a little behind most seem to catch up with no problem.

Had1nowwant1
03-10-2006, 07:06 PM
thank you daemonox i didnt think about it that way