PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help

Plz Help

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 10:14 AM
plz help my step dads corn snake has escaped :eek1: he is a year old and about 1 and a half foot i have looked every where and i am about to put a fuzy in one of the hides we have around the house we put them out because maybe he will go in it any more suggestions oh and before i go will the fuzy be ok out side the freezer or will it go moldy :shrugs:
thanks

Roy Munson
03-12-2006, 10:19 AM
On the main forum page, use the 'Search' function on the keyword: escape. You'll see many, many threads where recovery suggestions have been given. Good luck.

jzal8
03-12-2006, 10:22 AM
hey ok, there are alot of tricks to finding a lost corn. First I'd like to say never lose hope, it could be found today, or it could pop up 6 months from now.

If this corn just escaped than it is probably still in the same room as its tank. what many people suggest is to shut the doors to the room, and line the walls with a powder like flour. Your corn will most likely move along the walls and this will help you follow its tracks.

Then, under each door, lineup tooth picks or again flour. This will let you see if you corns has move out of the room.

As far as traps, I hear a good way to go it either put out little hides with meals in them, or put out 1 liter coke bottles with meals in them. This way when the snake eats, he won't be able to leave.

As far as how long a meal will last out, I'd say 24hrs, but use your best judgement. If it stinks real bad then it might be bad.

Again, best of luck and try not to worry too much. These things often work themselves out :)

Penman6668
03-12-2006, 10:31 AM
I have heard many people say they found their corn under the refridgator or radiator. Maybe you could look there?

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
hi help i cannot find my corn i have looked everywhere behind refridgerators,radiators,sofas,cups,lights HELP me PLz :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 12:15 PM
hi help i cannot find my corn i have looked everywhere behind refridgerators,radiators,sofas,cups,lights HELP me PLz :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ok first of all calm down. my friends corn got out and it was behind a painting that was leaned up against the wall... look every where twice. they like dark small places.

do you have any cats or dogs?

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 12:30 PM
yes i have 3 cats i have looked everywhere twice i have layed downtraps and put flour on the floors

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 12:32 PM
yes i have 3 cats i have looked everywhere twice i have layed downtraps and put flour on the floors

would your cats get to it? my friends cat was attacking something behind the painting and then she realized the snake was out.

how big is the snake? how old?

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 12:33 PM
ok nvm i see how old and how big he is

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 12:34 PM
any suggestions as to where he might be he is an albino

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
is he lost in one room or is he in the whole house? i would look under furniture. dark places.

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 12:55 PM
i have looked every where, im not sure i think he is in 2 rooms the kitchen and the living room i have looked everywhere im not giving up

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 12:57 PM
i have looked every where, im not sure i think he is in 2 rooms the kitchen and the living room i have looked everywhere im not giving up

dont give up. its good that u narrowed it down. have you tried the toothpic method? double check everywhere.

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
what is the toothpick method ?????

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 01:03 PM
what is the toothpick method ?????

set up toothpics around and if they are moved or thrown down then u know the snake has been there. i suggest putting them up infront of the doors so if the little guy does in a room you will know.

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 02:27 PM
im just looking in a place i havent looked yet i :shrugs: why i never looked there but hey

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 02:43 PM
we thought we just found it but no its so not fair

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 03:02 PM
the lil snake is more than likely to stay in the room where the cage was so start by looking there. maybe look around its cage to see if it really did move away from it. dont worry the lil guy is probably just as freaked as you are.

ash_the_snakeman
03-12-2006, 03:46 PM
we think he is in a hole in the wall i shined a flash light in there and his head went down the hole so we put a box in front of it with a hole and a fuzzy in it so hopefully he will go in there fingerz crossed

Penman6668
03-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Good luck and keep us posted.

saraelf69
03-12-2006, 11:55 PM
well im glad you found where it went. im pretty sure it will try to come out. good luck

ash_the_snakeman
03-13-2006, 04:37 AM
thanks he still hasnt come out yet i put a fresh large pinky in the box so maybe he will come out now :shrugs:

Ophelia
03-13-2006, 05:23 AM
I had the same problem with my 8 week old albino corn, it escaped and my neighbour found him and brought him back the next day! He had got to just outside my front door, i was in the place the whole time! I was lucky my neighbour was so honest!