PDA

View Full Version : Cornsnake throwing up.

Cornsnake throwing up.

Makchell
03-18-2006, 08:50 AM
I have a 9 month old corn and everything has been fine. He has thrown up his last three pinkies. Please help! Thanks, Anthony.

emmachan
03-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi,
before any other problems are considered, how long have u waited inbetween offering pinks? if ur snake regurges u need to give at LEAST 10 days before offering food again. I would be inclined to wait 14 considering the snake has puked 3 times. Thats so the acids and bacteria needed for digesting can build up again. If u havent allowed time for this to happen susequent regurges are inevitable. If this is not the case and u have allowed the time required I would be inclined to visit the vet..

also how old and big is the snakey and how are u keeping him?
Emma :)

Lennycorn
03-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Has the snake regure the last three feedings or three pinkie at the last feeding.?
The norm is to wait ten days than to feed an smaller food item. I recemend following Kathy Love treatment. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=133428#post6

Good Luck. :cheers:

Roy Munson
03-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to add that after three or four non-regurged feedings, you need to look at the size and frequency of your feedings. Most nine month old corns have been off pinks for months. What is your feeding schedule, and what are you giving him at each feeding?

Makchell
03-18-2006, 07:48 PM
He ate a small fuzzie with no problem about 6 weeks ago with no problem. Then a gave him another small fuzzie 7 days later and he regurged. I went back to a pinky 7 days after that and he regurged. This was a bout 10 days ago and I just fed him today. Could he have worms? That's what the local pet store said, but I don't know. That's why I am asking the pros.

Jimmy Johnson
03-18-2006, 09:34 PM
I didn't read every word of every response, so if this has been touched on, sorry.
What about your temps, It may not be warm enough for your snake to digest properly.
Turn off the UTH?
UTH quit working?
I take it by this latest post that it regurgitated todays meal also?
This could be a serious problem.
Check the temps, make sure they are high enough and this time, I would wait a full two weeks before feeding again.
When you do feed again go with a very small pinkie. very small.
If it holds this down wait 10 days for the next feeding and go with just a slightly larger pinkie.
If it holds this down go 7 days and feed a medium pinkie.
If it holds down all three of these meals I would continue it on a normal 7 day feeding schedule, upgrading size of prey as needed.

3330PHILIP
03-20-2006, 05:54 AM
When i first got my corn first feeding went fine, then second and third he regurged. I waited about 8-10 days (can't remember exactly) then popped pinkie in, he regurged 2 days later.

So i took a step back and looked at viv setup. I bought a better thermometer and installed a bulb at top of viv. Heat on hot end stays 29-32 degrees centigrade, (i live in Scotland so sometimes outside weather affects indoor temp). Heat on cool end 20-25c.

Since i've closely monitored it i've had no bother whatsoever with regurges.

I also have a number of hides in the viv, 2 at hot end/1 in middle/2 at cool end. these hides a cork/thick branch/toilet roll tube/silk leaves/box with hole cut in top for him to crawl into. He loves it.