PDA

View Full Version : Feeding,

Feeding,

gnarhimself
03-20-2006, 02:48 AM
My new corn (Snow Motley) hasnt eaten in two weeks (since i got her),i have checked the temperature and there is a hide box for her,she doesnt share an enclosure with any other snake.
I have tried feeding here small pinkies (LiVE),she smells them and turns away.
This is the second week in a row and im getting a little worried,someone suggested "braining" a pinky and trying that,as this is apparently a very successful method to get non-feeders to eat.
I am TRYING THIS TONIGHT

Is there anyone who can confirm this "feeding" method,with a success rate.This is my first corn that has ever had problems feeding..

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated
:shrugs:

Firefly
03-20-2006, 02:58 AM
I had this problem with one of my corns and I found that if I put him in a small container he would eventually eat (coolwhip container). But I'm not an expert. I've only had four corns.

gnarhimself
03-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Hi Firefly
Did ur snake take long to eat...
I also only have 4 corns

diamondlil
03-20-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm no expert either, I've got 4 corns with no feeding issues, but my snow is very difficult. I tred the braining, as well as tuna scenting, chick leg, and she hasn't fed since January, and I'm waiting for a live pinky to try. someone posted in another thread that snakes refuse to eat just so we worry! Good luck

gnarhimself
03-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Im gonna try the tuna scenting thing first,and then if that doesnt work,im gonna do the braining thing..
Its the 1st time ive had a corn thats so tempremental...
:twoguns:

Firefly
03-20-2006, 03:12 AM
I had never heard of the braining thing till a few months ago. I don't have four corns now, just one. I had two, but my pink one died (unknown causes). He was the one that I always had trouble feeding. He didn't take too long. Anywhere between 10-30 mins. The girl I have now is a pig :laugh: so i have no trouble feeding her..lol

gnarhimself
03-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Im just hoping i can get her to eat,albeit small meals,i just want her to eat as regular as my others,my Miami phase female is a guzzler,never had troble feeding her,she used to take the pinks from my hand when she was small,but dont advise doing it now *she's about a meter in length,and as aggressive (with food) as ive ever seen..

Firefly
03-20-2006, 03:32 AM
haha...sounds cute! Diamond took a pinkie from my hand once and it scared me to death..:laugh: Thought she was going to get ME! lol

Firefly
03-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Lol...forgot.....Good Luck with getting her to eat!

gnarhimself
03-20-2006, 03:34 AM
Its very cool when they are little,but rather wont have her do it now as an adult,with my luck she probably tag me instead of the mouse...
:shrugs:

Firefly
03-20-2006, 03:37 AM
Its very cool when they are little,but rather wont have her do it now as an adult,with my luck she probably tag me instead of the mouse...
:shrugs:Ya, I don't think I'll be doing it either...:laugh: But it was cool that one time. :crazy02:

gnarhimself
03-22-2006, 02:05 AM
HEY EVERYONE

GREAT NEWS
She finally ate a pinky,i did the whole braining thing last night (i thought it would be a lot messier)(even though it is kinda gross)

and she ate,she had no hesitation in taking the dead brained pinky at all.
I have been advised by some of the Experts here in South Africa,that i should try a dead pink again for 2 more feedings (without being brained),she should take them...

Either way,i dont care,as long as she eats is all im concerned about! :cheers: :grin01:

diamondlil
03-22-2006, 05:04 AM
woot woot that's so cool, glad your little one is eating now :crazy02:

gnarhimself
03-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Yeah,so am i,its stressful for snake and owners alike.... :sobstory: :eek1:

gnarhimself
04-03-2006, 01:53 AM
Howdy Everyone

I tried feeding the same fussy eater (Female Snow Motley) again this weekend,its been a week and a half since she last ate.
I tried a live pinky 1st,she refused it
I tried a dead pinky next - she refused it
I tried a brained pinky - she refused it (This technique workd for me last time)

All my others' ate without any hesitation or compications....ITS JUST her that i have a problem with :flames: :twoguns:

Any other suggestions,or could it be that she's maybe just not hungry?? :shrugs:

gnarhimself
04-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi Everyone

Once again my Snow Motley Female's not eating.
her last meal was on the 14th of March 2006.
I have tried live pinkies,frozen pinks,thaweed pinks,dead pinkies,lizard scenting,tuna scenting,brained pinkies,pinkies cut in half.

Im frustrated to the point where i wanna give her up for adoption and buy myself another female snow motley hatchling thats EATING properly.
Im leaving for Malaysia next friday,and am gonna try feeding her yet again,but at this point im seriously demotivated and just plain P*SSed off with this battle..

Any suggestions??? :cry:

ratsncorns
04-08-2006, 09:41 AM
How often are you trying to feed her? It stresses them out if you keep trying to feed them every day. Try every couple (2-3) days to feed, using a different method. I appoligize if you have been waiting a couple days, I just wasnt sure by your post. My anery is a very finicky eater as well. He went a month before with no food, and he isnt eating again. This time it has been about 3 weeks. He is healthy otherwise, so who knows what the issue is. Anyway, I hope it works out for you, you have tried most things so I dont have any other advice for you.

gnarhimself
04-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi
I am trying to feed her about once a week...once every 7 days or so,Trying something new everytime,the last time she took a brained pink.I have followed the same steps each time i tried with a brained pink.

She's just not interested in eating...

:cry: