PDA

View Full Version : And so the season starts...

And so the season starts...

CrazyCorn
03-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Well the season for snakes have finally kicked off with a major boom, tonight has been the best for me for this year so far, I have only been finding small amounts of snakes and no Ratsnakes or Corns. Well I saw both tonight.

6 Ribbons
2 Blue Garters
4 FL. Banded Water Snakes
1 Yellow rat
1 Corn
1 Cottonmouth
and plenty of DOR and Frogs/Toads.

Here is two pics of the Corn. Young, dark, little Guy/Gal.
http://www.flherper.com/a/wccorn.JPG
http://www.flherper.com/a/wccorn2.jpg

miamijuan3
03-20-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm so jealous.... I wish i lived in a place where corn ran wild....

Taceas
03-20-2006, 11:29 PM
6 Ribbons
2 Blue Garters
4 FL. Banded Water Snakes
1 Yellow rat
1 Corn
1 Cottonmouth
and plenty of DOR and Frogs/Toads.
Having the conscience to leave them in the wild - Priceless.

I'm so jealous.... I wish i lived in a place where corn ran wild....
By the time he gets done in his area...it'd be highly unlikely to find them anymore.

CARattler40
03-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm all for herping, and going out to find beautiful animals in the wild. I myself love fishing, but the main thing we emphasize for 99% of the fish we catch is that they're caught, looked at, and released. I think sometimes mass collecting, especially from the wild, isn't so much a good thing. In other words, don't you think you would've had enough with just 2 ribbons? I think it went a bit overboard as far as collecting 15+ animals at once. My 2 cents.

TripleMoonsExotic
03-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Well I saw both tonight.

He said saw not caught...

CrazyCorn
03-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I caught the Corn, I didn't keep much else just a Garter pair. Thanks for passing judgement so fast.

mbdorfer
03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
That's quite a variety. Sounds like a great night. :cheers:

jzal8
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Great lookin corn, looks like its gonna be a fun season :)

ghosthousecorns
03-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Congrats on your find, that little corn is awesome.
I don't see anything wrong with field collecting as long as you have the permit and are not taking any endangered species. I just got my 'reptiles' issue, the author of a field herping article was Bill Love, he said he allowed his nephew to keep a w/c corn snake but he made sure it was a male. I can see the logic of leaving the adult females out there but I guess opinions are going to differ greatly on this one :)