PDA

View Full Version : do hatchlings normally poop a lot?

do hatchlings normally poop a lot?

Tyger9791
03-22-2006, 02:03 PM
ok, this might be the grossest thread i've ever started, but I have to ask...do hatchlings usually poop a lot? I have this anery which is probably only a couple weeks old. his first shed was around the first week of march. i brought him home the 15th and fed him then. he pooped on the 17th and it was the messiest stinkiest poop i've ever seen from a corn snake! i thought at first it was a regurge. but it wasnt.
so i fed him another small pinky on the 20th. he pooped on the 21st, then again today...but he still has a lump in his belly from the pinky. i'm hoping he doesnt regurge it. am i feeding him too often? and is this normal?

colinmcc
03-22-2006, 04:12 PM
I tend to think hatchlings are little poop factories.

I sometimes wonder where it all comes from in their first month or so .....

Yours doesn't sound too unusual to me.

3330PHILIP
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Sounds fine. my corn snake last week pooped 4 times! I guess sometimes they can be like us humans, sometimes we go alot sometimes not much. We say my snake is full of s**t he hee. He Poops alot and is a cheeky guy! I wouldn't worry unless the poop changes drasticly in colour / consistency etc

Tyger9791
03-22-2006, 04:34 PM
OH YAY! so i get to clean up these stink bombs for a little while huh? just like a newborn baby...