PDA

View Full Version : Hurry up and shed!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry up and shed!!!!!!!!!!

saraelf69
03-23-2006, 05:39 PM
she eats like a pig every 4 days and still no shedding. she looks a lil thicker from when i first got her so i hope she sheds eventually.

oh and i went to the pet store and talked to the lady about my girl not shedding and being skinny and she told me that the store only fed her once every 2 weeks. POOR GIRL! so when i brought her home i fed her every 5 days and she threw up so i guess she wasnt used to being fed so much. but now she isnt skinny anymore so i hope she sheds soon.

is it possible for the snake to be sick and when it eats it forces the pinky out of its butt and doesnt digest it? the lady at the store told that to me and i kinda looked at her funny. :crazy02:

Tyger9791
03-24-2006, 10:40 AM
a regurge comes out the other end....if you stress them out or scare them you could literally scare the crap out of them but it would come out as poo i doubt it would be an undigested mouse...i could be wrong though :shrugs:
i've also learned not to trust a single thing that comes out the mouths of most pet store clerks.
how big is your snake? feeding every two weeks isnt bad for an adult, but it's not good for a hatchling or juvenile. the little ones need to be fed more often.

after she regurged when you fed her, did you wait 8 days before feeding again? and is she eating fine now? usually snakes under a year old will shed around once a month. adults dont shed as often.

saraelf69
03-24-2006, 10:44 AM
she is 2 months old and i feed her every 4 days. i dk how long she is i cant get her to stay still.

Tyger9791
03-24-2006, 11:00 AM
oh she's still a little baby! :wavey:
yeah feeding every 4 days is great.

diamondlil
03-24-2006, 11:11 AM
she may still be catching up with how she would have grown if she'd been under your care and getting fed properly like you're doing, Mine were only fed weekly so they too had to catch up a bit when I got them. Also when Lil stopped eating she didn't shed until I started forcefeeding her and she started to grow again. Sounds like you're doing fine :cool: