PDA

View Full Version : ok to fridge pinkies

ok to fridge pinkies

coolsnakesky
03-26-2006, 03:47 PM
i thawed a couple of pinkies this mornin and my lil corn wasnt interested ..ill try again tomorrow but i wasnt sure if its ok to put them in the fridge til then?

colinmcc
03-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Should be. As long as they haven't been sat out too long already.

Make sure you warm them up a bit before re-offering them.

Wilder
03-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I've kept mice in the fridge overnight with no problems. I wouldn't keep them any longer than that, though, and just be sure you remember to put them away. I left an adult mouse in the thawing tub on the counter overnight... that wasn't so very pleasant the next morning.

Also, if your snake doesn't eat it's often recommended to wait until the next scheduled feeding day. Harrassing the snake with food every day can condition them against eating. You can try with these pinks again, perhaps try braining them or cutting some slits into its back to see if that helps things. But if he doesn't eat after that, toss them and try again next feeding day. :)

coolsnakesky
03-26-2006, 04:02 PM
no just had them with the snake for a few minutes then right in the fridge..im not sure why he didnt eat them hes been goin at them quickly but today he was more interested in gettin out of the feeder container than eating the food..