PDA

View Full Version : Does my Crimson look OK? [PICS]

Does my Crimson look OK? [PICS]

Stick23
03-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi there,

I've just had my Crimson out while his viv was being cleaned and he has either had a regurge or been to the toilet on me! I didn't think to take a picture of it but it was dark brown with white powder in it and there was some liquid as well. It had an odour but wasnt what i woud call unbearable. Although it wasnt pleasant!!

its got me thinking now, I've had him about 6 months and hes really grown length wise but is he fat enough? it's got me wondering whether he's regurged before? These pics were taken just before he fed so hes been a week without food prior to the pics.

I think if he had regurged i would have smelt it in his viv but i must admit with it being wooden i could possibly have missed something.

I'm getting worried now :confused:

dionythicus
03-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Just from casual observation based on those pics, I think your snake looks fine. Some grow longer before they catch up in girth. If you're feeding properly then I don't think there's need to worry. By properly I mean what's size appropriate for the snake every week.

And it sounds like it pooed on you. You would know if it regurged on you. It's not a pleasant sight to see a snake cough up a mouse. Brown with white definitely sound like poo.

Stick23
03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks ever so much. I didnt think it was because it was silent, nothing there one minute then there the next but the way Sammy was it could have come from either end (excuse the crudeness of me sorry).

Would you hear a noise if it was regurge? I'm presuming so?

marty.warwick
03-26-2006, 05:08 PM
From what I know about regurges, They have quite bit of a muscle spasm of some kind when regurges which is very alarming to see. To me it sounds like a harmless poo poo. :)

Stick23
03-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Thats good to know then, puts my mind at rest!!

What sort of food do u think he should be eating/ Hes on 2 small fuzzies at the minute

dionythicus
03-26-2006, 05:21 PM
If he's eating two small fuzzies, you might want to go up to one larger fuzzy.

Stick23
03-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your help :cheers:

SnakeAround
03-26-2006, 05:48 PM
He loosk healthy, rightly shaped and happy! I own a corn which measures about 20 inch but only weighs 30 grams, she is a good example of one growing lengtwise before catching up girth wide. As long as the spine is not showing (triangular shaped body) the snake is fine!

cornsnakekid92
03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
just to amke you feel even bettter and to reassure, it looks like a healthey snake and from what you have described it sounds just like poop:)

MegF.
03-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Looks good to me too. If it makes you feel any better, I have an amel male who's now close to 4 ft. and a hefty 644 grams. He was a tiny thing when I got him, and for the first few months that I had him, he never seemed to grow. All of a sudden, he sprouted! They all seem to catch up eventually.