PDA

View Full Version : Colours!!!!!!!

Colours!!!!!!!

Unregister
10-08-2002, 01:12 PM
Hiya everyone.......i have only a couple of questions...

i have this really brigh red in our hall way and every time i walk pass it with (sidney) my snake in my hand he seems to STAR AT IT AND WONT TAKE HIS EYES OFF THE RED.......

and another thing he does is he C%*PS on me EVERY time i take him into my mams room!!!!!! my mams room is pale blue..i was thinkin...does he get relax and let it out or what!?>??!??!:rolleyes:

RAP
10-08-2002, 01:18 PM
Corns like to poop when they get out of their cage. I think the activity get their system working. This is why many corn owners give their snake a swim two days after a feed. They poop in the water not on you or in thier cage.

RAP
10-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Oh yes. Colors! I do not know if this has any affect on corns.

BU5T4
10-15-2002, 01:32 PM
i think you could have a point there im sure that colours must make snakes react in certain ways as it does with most other animals.

Could be worth doing a little case study on that.

has anyone else come across this kind of behavour?

BU5T4

Rachel
10-16-2002, 03:13 AM
I think I read somwhere that corns don't have good colour vision. I'm not 100% on that...I'll check in the zoolab later on today.

whiffin
10-18-2002, 06:21 AM
You been feeding your snake magic mushrooms?

LOL

Angelina
10-18-2002, 04:15 PM
LoL

Hey while we're on this subject... Does anybody know how well snakes can see? I know they sure like to look at me when I'm looking in at them!!:p

Just wondering...

whiffin
10-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Normally, not very good
When shedding, absolutely cr@p

They make up for it with their smell though, and can even tell which direction smells are coming from (hence the forked tounge)

So even if he not actually looking at you, he is in his own little way :D

HTH

Rachel
10-20-2002, 02:29 PM
yup like whiffin said..they 'see' with their tongues!

Aurora13
04-16-2004, 06:56 PM
its probably just the change in smells and temp throughout the house that effects where he poos.

stuart
04-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Angelina
LoL

Hey while we're on this subject... Does anybody know how well snakes can see? I know they sure like to look at me when I'm looking in at them!!:p

Just wondering...

Yeh mine does that too, i look at him he sure looks back, maybe he is just being a "stick", as in not moving pretenfding hes not there and just happens to be looking my way i dont know,
But
apparently snakes can smell water with their tounges, helps them to find water.

ronlina
04-18-2004, 08:01 PM
hah, its interesting to think of water having a smell.

In any case, I do know that there has been experiments done measuring snake intelligence, and they used the color red for the snake to recognize it. I just posted a thread about it actually. -so i think they can at least recognize certain colors and shapes.

Loogaroo
05-04-2004, 03:42 PM
the guy at the pet store told me he had a cornsnake that refused to eat any dark colored mouse. It ate white mice no problem and with great enthusiasm but a black one was always ignored and not seen as prey at all. though this doesnt prove color vision it could prove that they do see tone and it does have some sort of an effect on them.

Loogaroo

1 reverse okeetee? I think

8Corn*Freak8
05-05-2004, 10:22 PM
well if im sitting at my computer like i am now. My snake would just stare at the lamp the whole time..he would hide under a flap on my shirt and just stare at the light the whole time and its almost like a trance and then when i goto move him he gets active again...