PDA

View Full Version : Regurgitation

Regurgitation

cornsnakemaster28
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
What happens when my snake regurgitates it? Is it bad for her? What does it look like, because I fed her a small fuzzy and she can totally eat them but she just did something and I can see the small fuzzy again. It looks moist, but at the end it looks like it's burned?Is this OK, is it normal. I always raise the humidity too when she's eatting.

bottom line is, is this bad for my snake?

zwyatt
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Regurgitation for a snake is like when you or I throw up our lunch. The main difference is that when snakes regurgitate they lose the good bacteria/microflora that help them digest. So feeding again right away is a very bad idea.
It's tough to tell by your description, but does sound like it could be a regurge. How soon did the fuzzy show back up? Did you notice a strong smell?

Definitely read this about regurges.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

DO NOT feed right away after regurges.

BeckyG
03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Yes, it is bad when a corn regurgitates. No, it is not normal. There are several possible reasons. The easiest to check are whether your temps are too low. Other factors are being handled too soon after eating, internal parasites, getting ready to shed, or some other stress you may not even know about.

You need to give the corn several days to recover from this. This means no feeding or handling for about 10 days. Kathy Love posted an excellent post about what to do when a corn regurges. Try searching for it, or wait and Lenny will post the URL for you.

MegF.
03-30-2006, 03:56 PM
I would not raise humidity levels except at shed time. Corns do not require high humidity. Check your temps in the viv as well to make sure that they aren't excessively high or low, and as suggested, read Kathy Love's suggestions for regurge in the FAQ's section.

cornsnakemaster28
03-30-2006, 04:19 PM
oh! :eek1:

well I won't be seeing Duffy for a while. She's going to be in her hiding spot and I'll be waiting until 10 days to feed her again. :cry:

Oh well it's for her own good though :shrugs: