PDA

View Full Version : He swears he hates the dog...

He swears he hates the dog...

carol
03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
but with over 1,300 square feet of living area to choose from he likes to sleep here. :rolleyes:

CHARMER
03-30-2006, 10:00 PM
That is SOOO cute!!! I WISH my dog would sleep peacefully with my cats near by. They can't even be in the same house unfortunately (my dog says with my mother :(). Beautiful babies though!! And cats swear they HATE EVERYTHING! But they are softies underneath it all :rolleyes:

dionythicus
04-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Our cat, Victoria, thinks she is a dog. She loves Bob, our Aussie/Holstein cross. He's looks like an Aussie but weighs 130 lbs. Victoria likes to clean his ears (we think she's looking for brains, the little zombie cat).

Snakexperience
04-03-2006, 04:45 AM
That really is an ooold dog, isn't it?

Arjan

carol
04-03-2006, 12:11 PM
She is 7 years old, which is older for a Great Dane. However, she started getting that grey "grizzling" when she was 4.

Kathy, adorable pics! My dog loves the cat, but the cat won't admit he likes her. When we got her as a pup, she was the same size as the cat and he beat the snot out of her enough times that she still fears him even though she's over 100 lbs. If he is laying on the stairs leading to the house, she won't pass by or step over him. The other night my cat was at the edge of my bed and he boxed the poor dog in the face just for walking by too close. But there are many moments when he thinks no one is looking.... we find him sleeping very close to her, we have caught him licking her nose, and once in awhile he will walk up to her just to say "Hi!". After all, she makes a darn good body gaurd. She loves the two cats that are in the family, but will chase any other cat that comes in the yard. Anytime she hears a cat fight going on, she runs to the door and can't wait to help out her kitties. It's pretty funny to see the dog and the two cats sit on the deck just waiting for a trouble maker to hop the fence to try and steal cat food. The cats just have this cocky look on their face like, "Don't make me sick the dog on you."

jzal8
04-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Haha this is really a great threat. There is really nothing more heart warming than seeing a dog and cat grow to be each others most trusted companion. Again great thread. :)

dionythicus
04-04-2006, 01:24 AM
It's good to have big friends, especially when you start the trouble! LOL I love danes, but they have such short lives. Yours is precious.

Cats are so funny about dogs, they hate them or love them (but usually won't admit it). Victoria wants to hang out with the dogs (our other one isn't so keen on the ear treatment), eat treats with them, snuggle, etc. If she isn't making life hell for a couple of our other cats, Victoria (aka Victerror) is near the dogs.