PDA

View Full Version : New babies

New babies

Brian
10-08-2002, 09:58 PM
What do I do now?!

My first hatch was almost 100% success. Out of 19 eggs, 17 survived. One never hatched, and one died shortly after hatching.

Anyway, here they are. Any ideas on the genetics? I had a male snow and a female oke.

Darin Chappell
10-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Well,

The color is a little off, but I don't see any anerys. However, we know that your okeetee is het for both amel and anery. Amel, because you have amel babies there, and anery, because you have snows. The ONLY way that could happen is if the normally colored female is het for both amel and anery.

Have fun with them!

abell82
10-08-2002, 11:47 PM
I would really like to see a better pic of those babies if possible!

Jr Nimeskern
10-09-2002, 10:34 AM
Hmmm Brian I would have to agree with Darin that your Female is het for both Anery and Amel... Since your male was a Snow, and your babies came out Normals, Amels, And Snows... Darin is correct in his statement...

abell82
10-10-2002, 01:35 AM
I think some of you are missing the point! those amels look like they are orange with white spots,WHITE SPOTS!Not red!Do you Know, What that means?I have only ever seen that with hybrids.If those are full corns those have to be the most awsome snakes ever!A reverse candy cane?!Wow!!

Darin Chappell
10-10-2002, 10:49 AM
Sorry. I don't see it that way. They look like normal amels to me. A better picture would clear up the confusion, I think.

Brian
10-10-2002, 08:19 PM
I just got home from a business trip. I will post some better close-ups in the next day or so. My wife said they have all hatched now.

punkbetty666
10-28-2002, 10:48 PM
hey are you wanting to get rid of any of you babies?? I really long for a baby corn I have a big one now but I really would love a baby. you can relpy if you're interested. I'ld be willing to pay mucho money! They are very cute!! Thanks!

bmm
10-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Like normal amels to me as well. Just like my amel when I got him. He had many many, WHITE spots. And he certainly was no hybrid.

I think sometimes people don't realize how different hatchlings can look from their future adult colors and how different they can be from other amels, anerys whatever. But I must say, you have a beautiful clutch there...and I think your two corns produce some excellent babies! They are gorgeous.

bmm