PDA

View Full Version : Corn wont eat!

Corn wont eat!

Lucid
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Ok, Ive had a baby corn for a while and love it. I recently (little over a month ago) found an adult corn at an adoption place. Hes almost 3 feet long, nice and thick, healthy lookin. They said he was about time to be fed. So i fed him 1 small adult mouse and he was happy. Waited 2 weeks and wasnt sure how often he ate. I thought corns ate more often then my roomies ball python so I fed it 2 weeks later. he didnt eat. waited a week. didnt eat. another week. No eating. So in all its been a month since he last ate and he just smells his food and slithers off to another part of the cage eventually. Am I feeding him too often? How often should the adult be eating. The place i adopted from was really shoddy. Thats the main reason I took him in is because the place had actually injured some spots on his scales by forcefully pulling him out of a little shelter he was hiding in. Help! How often should this guy be hungry???

ghosthousecorns
04-01-2006, 04:30 PM
If he's an adult male he may have other things on his mind because it's spring (breeding season)
Unless he's very skinny I would not worry much, a lot of males will not eat for 2-3 months during this time of year.

mourne
04-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Yes mine has just eaten after 10 weeks of starving himself.

MegF.
04-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Mine went 3 months. They do fine. Just offer every week or two until he takes it.

BeckyG
04-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Mine eats really irregularly. I second Meg's suggestion. Keep offering food weekly, and he'll eventually eat.