PDA

View Full Version : Strange skin

Strange skin

Fenrir
04-04-2006, 09:47 AM
I have an adult albino corn of approximately 3 years now. Recently he has developed a strange area of skin stretching one side of his body (about 7inches long and half an inch wide) which seems to be translucent and peeling away at the scales. He only shed a few weeks ago, has had no blue phase and the last shed was flawless. It is very unlikely he has been burned, as the heat source is protected. Other than that he is perfectly healthy, eating well and very active. Any ideas?

zwyatt
04-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Personally, I don't know what it might be, but a question that everyone will probably want answered is: What is the humidity level?

This could help determine what is going on. Humidity that is too high or too low could be playing a role.

MegF.
04-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Could he have a piece of shed that was stuck on that's starting to come off now?

wild neonate
04-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Ok, sort of off-topic but not really..my cal. king shed recently and the last time I went to feed it I noticed its skin seemed to look wrinkly..but not like the wrinkles from eating a big meal with folds of skin...the scales look soggy?? Also feels kinda dry and stiff to the touch..does this seem like a heat/humidity issue? He/she/it is in a 5.5 gallon cage with an uth, do you guys think im slowly baking the poor thing? If I can take some dig. photos of his skin I'll post them soon.

MegF.
04-06-2006, 06:57 PM
What is the temp of the substrate above the uth?