PDA

View Full Version : Squidgy Belly

Squidgy Belly

Neil
10-10-2002, 12:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that corns with soft and squidgy bellies aren't well. I've been noticing lately that Arty's underside has been feeling really soft when I pick her up and the rest of her body is quite firm. Is anything the matter?

Mare
10-10-2002, 01:50 PM
Does the area that is "squidgy" look bloated? How long has it been since you have fed this one... and last time it defecated...?

Is the "squidgy" area able to move normally?

:confused:

Axe
10-10-2002, 05:27 PM
Is it possible you've been over-feeding a lil and it's just fat?

Rachel
10-11-2002, 07:36 AM
If your snake shows signs that its belly is sore (ie stroke it along the underside 'squidgy' part...if it shies away it is sore) then it means something is wrong. Other than that it could simply be an overfed snake.

Neil
10-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Thanks. The area's not sore and I'm certain she hasn't been over-fed.

bmm
10-12-2002, 04:08 AM
I was wondering if you could give us an update on this?

My male amel tonight refused a meal, and his belly looked a little "bloated" I picked him up to be sure, but he didn't feel weak or squishy, just bloated a bit. Maybe constipation...maybe who knows...just wondering what happened with your snake. :)

bmm

Neil
10-12-2002, 07:36 AM
Arty's been like this for a few weeks now. Just in case, I'm going to put her on a bit of a diet to see if anything changes.

Missymonkey
10-12-2002, 12:49 PM
could she be gravid? (eggs?)

Neil
10-12-2002, 02:15 PM
Nah, she's never had any contact with a male as she's too small.

Jr Nimeskern
10-12-2002, 10:08 PM
When I got one of my Corns they had a Soft belly also... I dont know why, but she still has it, I think I do feed her alot but I dont think its fat... but shes been doing great no problems with her... she poops fine and is a very nice snake!

pipatic
10-13-2002, 03:30 AM
i rember having a corn with the same signs ,i thought strange then i relised when cleaning and changing thwater that it had pee d (the white stuff ) but no poo ,so i didnt feed it for like ten days ,and it did one almight poo ,,problem solved hope this helps neil and everyone

Axe
10-13-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Nah, she's never had any contact with a male as she's too small.

Well, it is POSSIBLE she can become gravid even if not in contact with a male - although you do say she's too young really so improbable. But, I've seen Bearded Dragons, Leopard Geckos and Iguanas become gravid without ever having had contact with a male. All the eggs are, obviously, infertile, but it is possible - with Iguanas, infertile clutches can lead to big internal problems.