PDA

View Full Version : Snake not eating?

Snake not eating?

Stigmata4321
04-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Ok, well, my snake was overweight or so the freindly people from this forum have told me! Somebody suggested feeding my snake once every two weeks for a while instead of the once a week.

I waited this long and gave him his rat pup. I dangled it there for a while but he didn't take it! I left it there and left the room because I thought I may be distracting him. Came back about an hour later to see that he had still not eaten it, so I took it out. 2 days later I got another rat pup and gave it to him, didn't eat that same as before.

Now after 3 weeks! He just rejected his third rat pup, im getting really worried about him. Any help?

Plissken
04-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Perhaps your snake just isn't used to the new routine yet (what I mean by that is perhaps he isn't accosiating the new time with eating just yet.)

Try cutting the food or 'braining' it to make it smell more like prey.

If he still isn't eating, don't worry too much. He will be fine for some time yet, and remember that many male snakes stop eating this time of year. :)

Stigmata4321
04-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Is this mating season then?

He seems hungry! He's always active and difficult to handle.

Plissken
04-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Sure is ;)

BeckyG
04-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Is this mating season then?

He seems hungry! He's always active and difficult to handle.

Yeppers. My male amel is the same way. I've seen him more this last month than I have in his first 20 months of life put together! He is also eating really irregularly--only about once a month. But he's still plenty fat, so I'm not worried yet.

Just so you'll know, you are NOT alone! :wavey:

Stigmata4321
04-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Thank you! Not worried anymore then. :D