PDA

View Full Version : When will my Corn shed?

When will my Corn shed?

sunglow
04-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi all,

We have had a 7mos old Sunglow for about 1 month. We have fed him 3 times (1 fuzzy about every 7 days).

What are the signs that he is about to shed? I've read about the eyes glazing over. Are there other signs?

We were handeling our Sunglow tonight and its scales appear dull (as opposed to vibrant). Is this a sign of an on-coming shed or could there be another reason for the dull appearance?

Is there a typical duration of a shed (1 day, 3 days, etc.)?

As always, any feedback is much appreciated.

-Sunglow

nicky
04-15-2002, 09:54 PM
well
first of all there eyes will turn a beutyifull milky blue
then you'll probably notice your corn skin has turned dull
your corn may show no intrest in food
it MAY also act aggressive cuz it's eyes are glazed over so it may feel vaunrable
MAY spend time hiding more than usual
I think that's all but you may miss the blue eyed state It haappened to me once I was ready to take him out and there he was shedding his skin. Just have to check on them alot i guess

Jr Nimeskern
04-15-2002, 10:03 PM
Nicky is right about the oncoming shedding looks... usually baby corns till they get older will shed an average around every 3 weeks... they will hide alot more... and might refuse to eat... but my corns never refuse to eat... and I mean never! lol but there you go...

Matt L
04-15-2002, 11:18 PM
So far everyones right on target. The only thing that I can add that will help is this is a good time for a little higher humidity. It will help the snake shed a little easier. If your snake is a soaker I wouldn't worry about it to much. (I have some that refuse to soak when sheding) As far as feeding,some will accept food, some won't. If the snake has been eating well, no need to offer food till the shed is over with. Good Luck!

Iris
04-16-2002, 01:03 AM
Yeah, everyone's advice sounds pretty good.
This might just be a quirk of my snake but he hates being handled when he's gonna shed. I mean if I pick him up and put him back down he streaks into the nearest hide. Actually...I guess it has to do with him being shy around this time...so then corny and kayla have already helped you out.
Mine usually takes a little under a week to shed from the first time you notice the blue eyes to when he actually starts rubbing the skin off.
good luck with his first shed. May he shed all in one piece!:)