PDA

View Full Version : Pooed and regurged

Pooed and regurged

ChrisR:)
04-13-2006, 12:15 PM
ok im probly an idiot for handling my baby amel when i first got it but yesterday when i was handling it it pooed on me so i was like "ok it is just nervous and scared" i immediately put it back in the cage for the night but the next morning (today) i found a long blackish-silvery thing which i am 99.9% sure is a regurge but my question is that isnt after it poops that means there is nothing left in its stomach? Could it be sick? :shrugs:

ghosthousecorns
04-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Sounds like it's just stressed from being handled right after you got it, and probably too soon after eating. Find out when it was last fed if you can.
You need to give it 10 days to rebuild digestive enzymes/juices up again before the next feeding and also a little time to get used to its new home, it can be hard to leave them alone but it's best to let them take the time to feel comfortable in their new surroundings before handling them:)

Penman6668
04-13-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree. Just give it a couple of days before handling him again.

marty.warwick
04-13-2006, 01:09 PM
And to add to the above, As long as there is food still in the stomach a snake can regurge it. And sometimes it's probably not all ready to be pooped at the same time. This happened to my snake, He pooped two days after eating and regurged a day after that.