• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is He Burned???

ChrisR:)

i got my baby amel on tuesday and got an uth for it but i didnt get a thermostat and digital thermometer until today and when measured on the glass it said it was 120 degrees!!!!!! my snake doesnt burrow as far as i know but could it have gotten burned from the substrate temp right now the temp is under control but if it did get burned what would it look like and what do i do? :shrugs: oh and my snake regurged yesterday (i am an idiot for handling it before it was even used to home) so cant get photos

I would like to suggest that you read over Kathy's regurge treatment here and follow it very carefully. You want to give your snake extra time to settle in now and adjust to it's new home. If you're concerned about it getting burned go out and get a dimmer switch to hook up to the UTH so you can control it. Not the best solution by far but temporary until you can make a more permanent adjustment. Good luck and keep us updated!

~Katie

Back